- This event has passed.
Yachats Village Mushroom Fest
October 16, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
One event on October 17, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on October 18, 2020 at 9:00 am
22nd annual Yachats Village Mushroom Fest
Save the dates for 2021!
From Friday evening, October 15, thru Sunday afternoon, October 17, we’re calling all fun-guys and fun-gals to the gem of the Oregon coast!
For over twenty years, Yachats has put the fun in fungi with this annual festival that is all about mushrooms.
Please save the dates, and stay posted for this year’s program.
21st annual Yachats Village Mushroom Fest
Download Menus and Markets (pdf format)
From Friday evening, October 16, thru Sunday afternoon, October 18, 2020…
The Yachats Village Mushroom Fest invites mushroom lovers from near and far to experience a weekend of fabulous mushroom dishes prepared by restaurant chefs; to explore markets of exotic cultivated and choice wild culinary mushrooms; to forage for magnificent mushroom products, books, and fungi-themed arts and crafts; and to learn about how to identify mushrooms and the roles of fungi in forest ecology.
For twenty years, Yachats has put the fun in fungi with this autumn festival that is all about mushrooms.
The popular Ecology for Everyone program, including the Speakers Forum, Workshops, Guided Mushroom Walks, and large Mushroom Displays, unfortunately, has been canceled in 2020 due to Covid-19. (View the 2019 Ecology for Everyone program.)
Nonetheless, we are excited to provide superb online educational resources thanks to contributions from the extraordinary team of scientists and educators who volunteer their service to this festival each year.
As always, this will be a weekend not to be missed by mushroom loving foodies!
Mushroom Fest program for 2020:
- Fungi Feast! To see restaurant chefs’ specials – just click links below:
Beach Street Kitchen ◊ Drift Inn Cafe & Pub ◊ Green Salmon Coffee Company
Luna Sea Fish House ◊ Ona Restaurant & Lounge ◊ Yachats Brewing
- The Yachats Farmers Market will be open both Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 2pm and will feature mushroom vendors, including the local Rain Forest Mushrooms, My Mushroom People, and others, offering mushroom products and choice wild and exotic cultivated culinary mushrooms (fresh and dried). Crafts vendors will have some fungi themed items, as well. The Farmers Market is held on W 4th St between Hwy 101 and Pontiac. Parking is available on 4th St west of Pontiac, and in the parking lot at 5th St off Hwy 101. No Mask-No Market | No Pets.
- C & K Market is offering a great selection, including organic king oyster mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, organic shiitake, lobster mushrooms, chanterelle, large portobello, and sliced portobello. Open 8am to 9pm. 231 Hwy 101 between W 2nd & 3rd.
- Forage for FunGi in Village Shops & Galleries, and online:
Find fungi books, arts and crafts, tools, and other specialty items about town.
Click here for details.
- Online Educational Resources:
Dave Pilz Selected Downloadable Pubs for the Yachats Mushroom Fest
The Mycological History Lecture Series
Dr. Dan Luoma Presentation to BLM: Mycorrhizal Fungi – Lessons from green-tree retention (YouTube)
A 40 year journey leads to a new truffle species
Dr. Charles LeFevre at Tree School Online: Commercial Truffle Cultivation in Western Oregon (YouTube)
Can My Space Mushroom? – OSU Extension Question answered by Dr. Steven Carpenter
Forest to Table & Beyond – a primer on mushroom preservation, by B Bunyard & T Lynch
Cascade Mycological Society (CMS) | CMS Cookbook
North American Truffling Society
Wild Mushrooms – an introduction – Lincoln County Mycological Society
Here is a fun activity for families with kids: Cape Perpetua Discovery Loop Trail Quest
This is a wonderful local quest for kids, including a little bit about lichens and mushrooms.